Rapidmooc Go: Setup in a lecture room
Version 1.01 – January 2021
1. First pick the desired configuration of your Rapidmooc Go, whether in “standalone” (top part only) or “on wheels” (top part and blue bottom part attached)*.
2. Point the camera of the Rapidmooc Go at the lecturer and position the mobile recording studio at a distance of approx. 9 feet in front of the speaker's area/lectern.
3. Connect the power cable to the nearest power socket. Only one power cable is required for powering the Rapidmooc Go.
4. Switch on the Rapidmooc Go using the toggle switch on the back.
5. You can start the tablet screen by pressing the “ON/OFF” button on the right-hand side. After switching on the Rapidmooc Go and the tablet screen, the Rapidmooc app will start automatically and you will be redirected to the home page.
* Important note about the “on wheels” configuration (Rapidmooc GO blue bottom part): The upper part of the Rapidmooc Go can be detached from or mounted onto the blue bottom part by two screws. Access to these screws, which can be operated by hand, is gained through the opening located at the back of the blue bottom part.
6. Now log in to the Rapidmooc Go tablet. At the time of commissioning, only the admin account is set up on the tablet, which you can access with the password “rapidmooc”. The Rapidmooc app is installed on the admin account and opens automatically after logging in.
Setting the language on the Go Tablet
The Rapidmooc app is currently available in three languages: English, French and German. The setting of which language version of the Rapidmooc app is displayed is linked to the language setting of the Windows Software on each Rapidmooc. If you set the Windows language on your Rapidmooc to English and then carry out a software update, the Rapidmooc App will then also be displayed in English.
Important: Software updates can be carried out at any time via the following link: https://rapidmooc.com/support/updates/. It is best to access this via the Microsoft Edge browser on your Rapidmooc PC.
You can set the language of your Rapidmooc Go tablet via the Windows settings.
In the Windows settings, select the “Time and Language” tab on the right-hand side. Then set both the “Windows display language” and the “Preferred language” to English. Under “Preferred Language” you may need to download the English language pack. To do this, use the “Add preferred languages” button and follow the Windows instructions.
The “administrative language options” must also be set to English in order to benefit from the English version of the Rapidmooc app. This menu is located under the “Related Settings” tabs on the right-hand side. Please now select the English language region in the Language for non-Unicode program under “change system locale…” and press OK.
Using the connections
To use the full potential of the Rapidmooc Studio Pro, we recommend connecting the network cable (RJ45) to the Rapidmooc Studio (Pro) or connecting it to your WLAN via your Windows PC.
The Rapidmooc app can be minimized via the arrow symbol at the top right when you are on the home page of the app or in the “Record video” section.
Now connect your mobile device (laptop, tablet, etc.) on which you prepared your presentation documents to the Rapidmooc GO. Use the HDMI input “PC” for this purpose.
1. After setting up and starting the Rapidmooc application, click on the “Record video” menu on the start page. There you will find the “Settings” menu. Finally, click on “Camera Framing”.
2. You can now use the arrow keys and the zoom -/+ buttons to adjust/optimize the camera angle and align it with the speaker.
3. After having set up the camera angle, click on “Microphones” and check that the microphones “Wireless ad internal mic” and “PC Audio and Bluetooth mic” are switched on (green). The Rapidmooc Go room microphone “Directional mic” should be switched off (red).
4. Now switch on the transmitter and receiver of your microphone kit. Then check the sound level at the bottom left of the recording window to see if the microphone is active. If you need further support on the audio and microphones topic, you will find it in the How-To documents “Audio Settings” and “Microphones” in the Helpdesk section of the Rapidmooc App.
5. If your presentation contains some sounds that you would like to share during your lecture (videos, animations, etc.), make sure that the output “USB Capture” is selected in the audio settings of your device. If you need more help on audio at this point, you can find it in the document “Audio Settings” under the heading “Operating Instructions” in the Helpdesk section of the Rapidmooc App.
6. Now exit the “Video Settings” menu by pressing the “Back” button. In the menu “Recording Mode”, select your desired recording mode prior to finalizing preparations and recording the video. You can find additional information on how to record your video in the user manual located in the helpdesk section of the Rapidmooc App homepage.
7. Please note that for (hybrid) live events, we always recommend the default “Side-by-Side” video mode. You can find out more about the recording modes in the user manual.
8. Finally, you can conveniently start the recording by clicking on the “Start” button. For hybrid events, it is of course also necessary to start the web meeting or Livestream tool on the Rapidmooc Go. Further details can be found in the “Operating instructions” > documents “Web meeting” and “Livestreaming”. Good luck with your Rapidmooc Go J