How to setup your Rapidmooc
Version 1.02 – January 2021
1. Assemble the Green Screen and LED lights, positioning them correctly in your studio room and setting the LED lights to the appropriate light intensity and warmth size. For more details see “How To – LED Settings” in Helpdesk.
2. Aim the camera of the Rapidmooc Studio (Pro) at the speaker and position the mobile studio at a distance of approx. 6 - 9 feet in front of the green screen. It is recommended to set up a lectern at the speaker's position in order to adopt a natural posture in the videos and to be able to comfortably place the accessories and any notes brought along. If necessary, the camera can be adjusted so that the lectern is not or only partially visible on the video. For more information on camera operation via the Rapidmooc app, see the “User manual” in the Helpdesk.
3. Now plug the power cable into the nearest power socket. Only one power cable is needed to power the Rapidmooc Studio (Pro). Another four sockets are needed for the lights: two of them at the height of the Rapidmooc Studio (Pro) and two more at the height of the Green Screen. Again, for more details see “How To – LED Settings” in the Helpdesk.
4. Switch on the Rapidmooc Studio (Pro) using the toggle switch on the back.
5. Log on to the Rapidmooc Windows PC:
6. At the time of commissioning, only the admin account is set up on the Rapidmooc PC, which you can access with the password "rapidmooc". The Rapidmooc app is installed on the admin account and opens automatically after logging in. (If not, see the “Setting the autoplay of the Rapidmooc app at login” section of this document).
Setting the language on the Windows PC
The Rapidmooc app is currently available in three languages: English, French and German. The setting of which language version of the Rapidmooc app is displayed is linked to the language setting of the Windows Software on each Rapidmooc. If you set the Windows language on your Rapidmooc to English and then carry out a software update, the Rapidmooc App will then also be displayed in English.
Important: Software updates can be carried out at any time via the following link: https://rapidmooc.com/support/updates/. It is best to access this via the Microsoft Edge browser on your Rapidmooc PC.
You can set the language of your Rapidmooc Go Tablet via the Windows settings.
In the Windows settings, select the “Time and Language” tab on the right-hand side. Then set both the “Windows display language” and the “Preferred language” to English. Under “Preferred Language” you may need to download the English language pack. To do this, use the “Add preferred languages” button and follow the Windows instructions.
The “administrative language options” must also be set to English in order to benefit from the English version of the Rapidmooc app. This menu is located under the “Related Settings” tabs on the right-hand side. Please now select the English language region in the Language for non-Unicode program under “change system locale…” and press OK.
Setting the autoplay of the Rapidmooc app at login
Enter “Run” in the search function of the Windows menu. Then open the Run app. At the same time, the “Open” field opens. Enter “shell:startup” here and then click on “OK”.
The “Autoplay” folder will now open on your Rapidmooc PC. Leave this folder open and click on the Windows menu icon at the bottom left. You can now drag the Rapidmooc app from the “Explorer” category into the Autoplay folder by holding down your mouse button or finger.
Using the connections
To use the full potential of the Rapidmooc Studio Pro, we recommend connecting the network cable (RJ45) to the Rapidmooc Studio (Pro) or connecting it to your WiFi via Windows options.
The started Rapidmooc app can be minimized via the arrow symbol at the top right when you are on the start page of the app or in the “Record video” section.
Now connect your mobile device (laptop, tablet, etc.) on which you prepared your presentation documents to the Rapidmooc Studio (Pro), using the HDMI input “PC” for this purpose.
1. After setting up and starting the Rapidmooc application, click on the “Record video” menu on the start page. There you will find the “Settings” menu. Finally, click on “Camera Framing”.
2. You can now use the arrow keys and the zoom -/+ buttons to
adjust/optimize the camera angle and align it with the speaker.
3. After having set up the camera angle, click on “Microphones” and check that the microphones “Wireless ad internal mic” and “PC Audio and Bluetooth mic” are switched on (green). The “Directional mic” should be switched off (red).
4. Now switch on the transmitter and receiver of your microphone kit. Then check the sound level at the bottom left of the recording window to see if the microphone is active. If you need further support on the audio and microphones topic, you will find it in the How-To documents “Audio Settings” and “Microphones” in the Helpdesk section of the Rapidmooc App.
5. If your presentation contains some sounds that you would like to share during your lecture (videos, animations, etc.), make sure that the output “USB Capture” is selected in the audio settings of your device. If you need more help on audio at this point, you can find it in the document “Audio Settings” under the heading “Operating Instructions” in the Helpdesk section of the Rapidmooc App.
6. Now exit the “Video Settings” menu by pressing the “Back” button. In the menu “Recording Mode”, select your desired recording mode prior to finalizing preparations and recording the video. You can find additional information on how to record your video in the user manual located in the helpdesk section of the Rapidmooc App homepage.
7. Finally, you can conveniently start the recording by clicking on the “Start” button. Good luck with your Rapidmooc Studio (Pro)